Nothing warms you up better than a bowl of rich, flavorful chili. For an easy Sunday meal prep or a weeknight dinner, try this slow cooker recipe, made with a touch of juice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, medium dice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 granny smith apple, medium dice
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 can of your choice of beans (black, garbanzo, pinto, etc.)
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil. Add the onion and salt and stir until the onion is coated in the olive oil. Add the spices and continue to sweat the onions for 5 more minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and stir until it is broken up. Add the apple juice and cook until the turkey becomes browned and the apple juice has reduced by half.
- Add the apple, marinara sauce, and beans. Stir until well combined. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve and top with your choice of garnish – cheese, sour cream, greek yogurt.