Guilt-Free Glazed Donut
You do-nut want to miss out on this super tasty recipe. Celebrate National Doughnut Day the right way with a healthier take on the trendy sugary treat.
- 1 ½ cups applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a donut tray pan.
- Combine applesauce, maple syrup, egg, milk, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl, mix well. Combine coconut sugar, rolled oats, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl, mix well. Slowly combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour the batter into the doughnut tray. Bake for 15-18 minutes, rotating halfway through. Allow to cool before serving.
Guilt-Free Glazed Donut – Chocolate Frosting
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp of vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Whisk ingredients together until they are combined and have a frosting texture.
- Allow to cool before frosting doughnuts