These yummy banana bread breakfast muffins aren’t just tasty, they contain a surprise serving of nutrient-rich broccoli. The little ones won’t suspect a thing.
Products Featured in this Recipe:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Half a head broccoli florets
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk of your choice
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional toppings: chocolate chips, chopped walnuts
- Cut broccoli into small florets and measure out 1 ½ cups. Steam for 5 min, or until very tender. Allow to cool, then finely chop.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until it becomes a batter.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway. Sprinkle on desired toppings.
- Bake for 18-22 min for mini-muffins, and 28-32 min for regular muffins, rotating halfway through. Cool before serving.