What time is it? It’s tac-o’clock! We use a pressure cooker and a bit of Apple & Eve juice to make extra-tender chicken for our favorite Tex-Mex taco recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts, roughly ½ a pound each
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup Apple & Eve Apple Juice
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite taco seasoning (OR 1 teaspoon dried garlic, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, ½ a teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon oregano, dash of cayenne or chili)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 taco shells of your choice
- Shredded lettuce
- Place the two chicken breasts in the pressure cooker. Pour the tomato sauce, apple juice, seasoning, and salt over the chicken.
- Put the cover on the pressure cooker, seal the valve, set it for 10 minutes. Allow the valve to release naturally for 10 minutes and then carefully open the cover.
- With a fork, remove the chicken breasts and place them on a cutting board. Shred the chicken with a fork and serrated knife.
- Leave the remaining liquid in the pressure cooker and simmer for about 15 minutes. The liquid will reduce to a sauce.
- Turn the pressure cooker off and add the chicken into the sauce. Mix thoroughly. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Arrange the chicken in your choice of shells and top with your favorite toppings.