Yeilds: Makes 12
Impress family and friends with this apple crisp muffin baked right inside an apple!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
- 4 apples
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 Tsp of vanilla
- ¼ cups of maple syrup
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ cups of rolled oats
- 1 and ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ Tsp of baking soda
- ½ Tsp of baking powder
- ½ Tsp of salt
- ¼ Tsp of cinnamon
- Crisp Topping:
- 2 Tbsp of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp of melted coconut oil or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp of maple syrup
- ¼ Tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325° and grease/line a muffin tray.
- Cut off the tops of the apple and scoop out the insides with a spoon into a bowl, creating an apple shell. Remove any seeds or tough parts of the apple (core). Place the apple filling in the blender and blend until smooth. You should have between 1 ½ - 2 cups
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine pureed apple, egg, oil, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix well.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine coconut sugar, rolled oats, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the crisp topping ingredients.
- Optional Step: Spoon the batter half way up the apple shells and sprinkle the crisp topping on the batter. Bake for 40 minutes.
- With the leftover batter, pour into the muffin tray, sprinkle on the crisp topping and bake for 28-32 minutes.