These 3D paper hot air balloons make for a not-so-lofty rainy day project—best enjoyed with a box of Apple & Eve Fruitables.
- Construction paper
- Fold a piece of paper in half and cut out a hot air balloon shape. Use this as a template and trace to cut out 5 total hot air balloon shapes in different colors of paper.
- Fold each of the balloons in half. Start with one balloon, and glue the next on top of it. Repeat until all the balloons are attached to each other.
- Cut out a tan square to be the basket of your hot air balloon, and two 1 inch pieces of twine.
- Add glue to one of the outside halves of the 3D balloon and stick to a blue piece of construction paper. Add glue to the opposite half of the balloon and press down onto the blue paper.
- Add twine and the tan paper square to make the basket.
- Cut out clouds and add them to your sky.