Whether it’s in the turkey or out, this stuffing recipe uses our signature juice to give it the sweet and savory taste we all love in the fall.
Products Featured in this Recipe:
- 5 cups of whole grain bread, large dice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion (about 2 cups), small dice
- ¾ teaspoon salt, separated
- 1 cup carrots (one large carrot), small dice
- 1 cup celery (3 ribs), small dice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium apple (about 1 cup), medium dice
- ½ -1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Apple & Eve 100% Juice Apple Juice
- 1 cup of vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350° and spread out the cut bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bread gets toasted, stirring halfway through baking.
- In a large pot on medium heat, coat the bottom with olive oil. Add the onion and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots, celery, oregano, and thyme and continue to sauté for another 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the apple and pecans to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the apple juice and stock and stir well.
- Turn off the stove and add the toasted bread to the pot. Mix thoroughly and season with salt as desired.
- Place the stuffing mixture into an 8x8 pan and cover with tinfoil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until top is crispy.