Apple juice and butternut squash team up for the perfect bowl of fall soup. Top it all off with some refreshing sour cream and toasted pumpkin seeds!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Half of 1 medium butternut squash, large dice (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of Apple & Eve Apple Juice
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Salt for finishing
- Add olive oil to a medium size pot over medium heat. Add the onion and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until translucent, stirring occasionally so they onions don’t stick or brown.
- Add the squash, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Cover the pot with a lid, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Add apple juice and stock, bring to a boil, and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Scoop the soup into a high-speed blender and blend until it becomes totally smooth (you may need to do this in 2 parts). Return soup to the pot and add the lemon juice and season with salt to your liking.
- (Optional): Pour soup into four bowls and take a spoonful of Greek yogurt and swirl it in for a fun design and an extra creamy flavor.