The best way to cure the winter blues is with a bowl of hot veggie soup. This wintery recipe will fill you up and keep you warm.
Recipe thanks to Nicky’s Kitchen Sanctuary
Products Featured in Recipe:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic (left in the skin)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped into wedges
- 1 litre (4 + ¼ cups) vegetable stock (use vegetable bouillon for gluten free)
- 35g (1/3 cup) shredded parmesan
- To serve:
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place chunks of sweet potato, red & yellow bell peppers, carrots & garlic cloves (skin on) on a large baking tray.
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin & paprika. Toss with hands, bake for 20 min. Flip after 10 min.
- Add red onion wedges & toss again.
- Bake again for 10-12 min. until the vegetables are tender, slightly charred at the edges.
- Put 1/4 cup of the veggies to the side & the rest in a large saucepan.
- Squeeze the garlic out of their skins into the pan. Pour in the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Blend with hand blender.
- Stir in parmesan, season to taste and top with the reserved roasted vegetables. Serve with extra parmesan.