Make your next pie✨savory✨ with this veggie pot pie recipe. Pro tip: It pairs perfectly with Apple & Eve Organics.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour (can sub regular flour)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp herbs de Provence
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat, then add the onions and let cook for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Next, add the garlic, carrot and celery and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the chickpea flour and milk, mixing until everything is combined.
- Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, peas, lentils and seasoning and mix everything together.
- Cover and let simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the puff pastry into circles large enough to cover the top of the ramekins. (You can use a knife, a round cutter, or the rim of a glass to cut the pastry)
- Fill little ramekins, or a big baking dish 3/4 of the way full with the filling, and then top with puff pastry.
- Bake for 30-35 min until golden brown.