The better-for-you snack we can’t stop making this spring: parmesan roasted carrot fries. We like ‘em served with your favorite dipping sauce and a glass of Apple & Eve Organics juice.
Adapted from Kitchen Sanctuary
- 2 large carrots washed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (use vegetarian hard cheese for veggie version)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Hummus for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment or a non-stick silicone mat.
- Slice the carrots into long thin pieces – about the size of a French fry (no need to peel).
- Mix the egg and water and place in a shallow dish. Place the Parmesan into another shallow dish.
- Dip the carrot sticks first in the egg wash, allow any excess to drip off, then roll in the parmesan and place on the baking tray. Repeat until you’ve used all the carrots.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once until dark golden brown.
- Take the fries out of the oven, place on a plate and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with hummus to dip.