For a healthier take on pad thai, try replacing noodles with spaghetti squash. Pair with a box of Apple & Eve organic juice and you’ve got an easy weeknight meal the whole family will love!
- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash, Sliced Lengthwise with Seeds Scooped Out
- 1 tbs of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 cups of Your Choice of Vegetables - We used Broccoli Florets, Sliced Carrots, and Sliced Bell Peppers
- 1 package of Prepared/Baked Tofu, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbs of Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbs of Reduced Sodium Tamari/Soy Sauce
- 2 tbs of Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tbs of Smooth Peanut Butter
- Make the spaghetti squash: Preheat the oven to 400 and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Baste the inside of the spaghetti squash with one tablespoon of olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper, and place face down on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, or until you can easily take a fork to the inside. Allow to cool and scrape out the inside of the squash and set aside.
- Mix the pad thai sauce ingredients until they are well combined.
- In a large frying pan on high heat, add the vegetables and a cup of water, cover for 3 minutes or until the vegetables have steamed to a brightened color. Steam off any extra water. Add the spaghetti squash, prepared tofu, and Pad Thai sauce. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve with cilantro, chopped peanuts, and/or scallions.