This summer, get your grill on with our favorite apple juice chicken marinade, made with Apple & Eve 100% juice!
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup Apple & Eve 100% Apple Juice
- 2 lemons, separated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper OR ground white pepper for a milder spice
- The night before, or up to 2 hours before grilling: On a clean cutting board, place the two chicken breasts and butterfly - place your hand on top, and gently slice the meat horizontally so that you have 2 even pieces for every chicken breast.
- In a large container with a lid (or a large ziplock bag, but we’re trying to save the earth, people!), combine the apple juice, the juice of 1 lemon, garlic, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add the chicken, making sure that the pieces are covered in the marinade, and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving 1 cup of the marinade. On a medium-high grill, place the pieces of chicken and grill for 5-6 minutes. Flip the chicken and baste with the reserved marinade and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until the center of the chicken has reached 165℉. Dispose of any remaining marinade.
- Slice the remaining lemon into rounds and garnish the chicken.