In the winter months, nothing says warmth like a sweet potato with Mediterranean-inspired toppings. And with a 100% Juice Apple vinaigrette drizzle on top? We’re melting.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp each cumin, coriander, cinnamon, smoked paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt or lemon juice to taste
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard (for dressing)
- 3 tbsp tahini (for dressing)
- 1 tbsp apple juice (for dressing)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for dressing)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and scrub potatoes, cut in half lengthwise.
- Toss rinsed and drained chickpeas with olive oil and spices and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Rub the sweet potatoes with a bit of olive oil and place face down on the same baking sheet (or another sheet depending on size). Put in oven.
- Prepare your dressing by adding all ingredients (mustard, tahini, apple juice & olive oil) to a mixing bowl and whisking to combine.
- Prepare the parsley-tomato topping by tossing tomato and parsley with lemon juice and setting aside to marinate.
- Once sweet potatoes are fork tender and the chickpeas are golden brown - ~30 minutes - remove from oven.
- For serving, flip potatoes flesh-side up and smash down the insides a little bit. Then top with chickpeas, dressing and parsley-tomato garnish.