Meatless Monday can be tricky if your kids are picky! Cook up chickpea nuggets for a wholesome family-friendly dinner!
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tbs panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend drained chickpeas in a food processor for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor, except for the ⅓ cup panko for coating. Process for a few more seconds until well mixed.
- Scoop up small spoonfuls of the mixture, roll into balls and then press into nugget shapes.
- Pour bread crumbs into a bowl and coat the nuggets.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange nuggets so they’re not touching.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and then continue to bake for 10 more minutes.
- Wait for nuggets to cool before serving with ketchup, carrots, celery and Apple & Eve juice.