Looking for the perfect holiday treat? Try these juice infused jam cookies and have some quality time decorating them with your family for a delicious holiday activity.
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ½ cup Apple & Eve Apple Juice
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling cookies
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, combine the raspberries, juice, chia seeds, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place in a container and refrigerate until ready to use. Jam will continue to thicken in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind pecans until they become a fine flour.
- Using an electric mixer, combine coconut oil and coconut sugar until they become fluffy. Add the ground pecans, flour, vanilla, salt and 2 tablespoons of milk and mix until ingredients start to form a crumbly dough. Test the dough by checking with your hands to see if it forms into a ball. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and sprinkle the counter and rolling pin with flour. Roll out dough to 1/8 of an inch. If the dough is falling apart, mix in another 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Using a cookie cutter, make 20 cookies – a top and a bottom for the cookie sandwich and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Spread the raspberry jam between two cookies. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.