Everybody wins when you make Hawaiian BBQ wings for the Big Game! We glaze ours with sauce made from Apple & Eve Organics Apple Juice and serve with grilled pineapple.
- 1 cup of canned tomato sauce
- 6 ounces of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Apple & Eve Organics Apple Juice
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 pineapple spears
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Scallions (optional)
- Lime (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place a wire rack on one baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, Apple & Eve Organics Apple Juice, worcestershire sauce, paprika, minced onion, garlic powder, and pepper. Place on medium heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Place the wings in a large mixing bowl and add ¾ of the sauce. Mix thoroughly so that the wings are covered. (These steps can be done the day before and then could be marinated in the refrigerator overnight)
- Place the wings on the baking sheet face down and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the wings over. Baste the remaining sauce on the wings, and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until they are cooked thoroughly.
- While the wings are cooking, lightly baste the pineapple spears in olive oil and place on the baking sheet with the wire rack. Bake for 4 minutes, turn them, and then bake for another 4 minutes. Slice them into 1 inch pieces.
- On a large plate, combine the wings and pineapple. Garnish with scallions and lime wedges.