Om nom nom nom! C is for Cookie, and our cookie’s so tasty! We’re celebrating National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day with our favorite blue monster and a cookie cake chock full of wholesome ingredients.
- ½ cup softened coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a pie dish with coconut oil.
- Combine coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and the egg in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Separately, mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and thoroughly combine. Then, add the chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the prepared dish and bake for 18-20 minutes.